Monday, October 12, 2015

A Taylor-Seitz ticket in 2018?

I normally don't spend much time on things that could happen.   There's too much already happening for me to handle.  So here's a quick report from  a valued source from Columbus informing me that Mary Taylor  - you know, the very conservative Republican  lieutenant governor - is alive and ready to run for governor in  2018.

That's a long time from now, I know. But here's what my source told me:   Taylor, a northern Ohioan from Green,  has already nailed down her running mate, State Sen. Bill Seitz, from the Cincinnati area., asking him to grace her ticket.  He agreed.

Seitz is said to have strong conservative credentials and even thinks as a libertarian at times.  Columbus Magazine once  took a poll and described him as the "best speechmaker and funniest"  legislator in the business.  With super-serious Atty. Gen. Mike DeWine still hanging around to succeed Gov. Kasich, Lord knows the GOP  campaign  would at least benefit from one "funniest" guy on the ticket.
 

No comments: