Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sexual misdeeds: We're running out of alphabet

IN THE TIDAL WAVE of sexual misbehavior by politicians, Rep. Anthony Weiner's contribution to True Confessions magazine offers a glimmer of hope. We're down to the W's.

Sexual satisfaction, genetic as it is, has never been an exception to the rule in the political class (or any other class, for that matter). The late DC Madam, Deborah Jeane Palfrey, once claimed to have more than 10,000 names of CEOs, pols and other prowling males in her VIP books. Long before Palfrey, God knows how many ex-presidents would have made the cut back to colonial times, B.C . (Before cable).

However, the modern list of trespassers is impressive. To remind you:

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mark Sanford, John Ensign, David Vitter, Eliott Spitzer, Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich ...Even though they aren't Americans, no hot list would be authoritative without Silvio Berlusconi and some other libinious European leaders.

So much for American exceptionalism.





2 comments:

JLM said...

I just can't understand in this age of 24 hr., microscopic, tabloid type journalism, where these guys minds are when they undertake such escapades. I mean, I KNOW where their minds are, I just don't understand how they can't have enough foresight to consider, "What happens if this becomes public?"

I know what would happen if someone reported to my wife that I was flirting with the grocery store checkout girl (which I'm NOT). I'd have some 'splainin' do do, which I wouldn't want to have to face. I understand they are in important positions of power and therefore feel invulnerable, but come on, use the brains God or whoever gave you.

Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Weiner should resign when Republicans ask Senator David Vitter to resign.