Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Delaware delusion: Palin II arrives

I could have sworn that when I saw Christine O'Donnell burst on the TV screen that Sarah Palin had been cloned. The thumbs-up hand gestures, the wide open smile and flashing white teeth, the wild hair and the red suit and there you have it all except the message scrawled on her palm. Even the mainstream media are describing her as a sensation since she toppled Rep. Mike Castle in the Delaware Republican U.S. Senate primary. Spare me. She is such a sensation that even the state's Republican fixtures are racing for higher ground. The woman is a chilling example of this election year's stampede over the cliff.

So far all we have heard of her is that she opposes masturbation - speaks openly about it - and has slipped into moments of darkness when she has left fingerprints on suggestions that her primary opponent was gay. No doubt about it, she knows a lot about her Bible. If you can stay with the scene long enough to notice, you'll see the sort of bubbly (bubblehead?) hyperactive look-at-perfect-me that only the Tea Party and maybe a few mothers could love. Using her frame of reference, I'll turn it around right now and say that if she ever made it to the Senate it would be a tragedy of Biblical proportions. To borrow the chant of the Tea Partiers, I want my country back!

By the way, her den mother, Sarah, has already advised her to stick close to Fox News for any further talk about her candidacy. She can come back to earth after a few days' instruction at Glenn Beck University - or would she?

5 comments:

ChrisChristieFan84 said...

Christine O'Donnel isn't campaigning on masterbation, she is campaigning on the ideas of limited government and free market economics. The only people talking about masterbation are liberals who don't want a substantive debate about the problems affecting our country.

The left's all out assault on Ms. O'Donnel is definitely reminiscent of what they did to Sarah Palin in 2008. It seems like all liberals in the media know how to do is mock, ridicule, and insult. Apparently they have found their new target.

Mencken said...

CCFan84: Many Republican candidates are refusing to debate their opponents this season. When they do speak; reporters, cameras and recording devices are often banned. That may be why "substantive debate(s) about the problems affecting our country" are not being reported by the media.

Mencken said...

Gee CCFan84..... could your timing get any worse?

From last night:

O’DONNELL: I dabbled into witchcraft — I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. … I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I’m not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. [...]

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn’t know it. I mean, there’s little blood there and stuff like that. … We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar".

So now O'Donnell has cancelled all her Sunday TV news appearances. Now how are we ever going to get those substantive debates?

Grumpy Abe said...

Speaking of witches...

As I recall, didn't a Kenyan minister who claimed to have special powers to ward off witches show up at Sarah Palin's church in Wasilla to personally bless her and give her safe passage through witchland?
That does not bode well for the mutual affection between Palin and that bewitched woman.

Anonymous said...

The Four Horsewoman of Election 2010: Palin, Angle, Bachmann, and O"Donnell. The apocalypse is near!