Friday, February 13, 2009

Hail to loony...um...linguistics!

TODAY I AM starting an occasional posting in a series with the acronym GALL:  Grumpy Abe Linguistic Lunacy, awarded to a dump on incoherence by people you'd think would know better. It will be a steep uphill climb from George Bush's historic non sequiturs (which we kinda sadistically miss) but, as they say,  you have to start somewhere.  So today's groundbreaking award goes to Sen . Lindsey Graham, one of the noisiest opponents of the President's stimulus bill.  Asked by Wolf Blitzer whether he would continue to attack the spending in the bill and not accept  money for his impoverished state of South Carolina,   Graham pearlized this response: 
"I think that, yes, from my point of view, I ---you don't want to be crazy here.  I mean, there's going to be money on the table that will help my state,  but I've got a job to do up here, and that is to try to help people and not damn the next generation."  

No comments: